Fri, Feb 10|
Sponsor a student on their reading road trip today!
Time & Location
Feb 10, 8:00 AM – Mar 03, 9:00 PM
About the Event
Get your books ready and join us in some reading fun!
The Read-A-Thon starts on February 10th.
Let’s support our schools and show that... Florham Park Readers are AWESOME!
Week of March 20 - Prizes are awarded!
ALL students who participate in the Read-A-Thon are entered into a raffle and have a chance to win prizes.
Here is How it Works:
- February 3-10 - Gather sponsors and record on Pledge Form - [Download BRW Form] [Download RMS Form]
- February 10 – March 3 - Log reading minutes/ pages into your Reading Log.
- March 4 - 10 - Collect pledges from sponsors.
- March 13 Return your Pledge Form, Reading Log and money collected to your ELA teacher in a marked envelope.
Prizes & Awards:
- All Readers: All students who participate and turn in their Reading Log will be entered into a raffle with a chance to win fun prizes.
- Top Reader: The Top Reader (most minutes/pages logged) in each grade (3-8) will receive a $50 Visa Gift Card, a medal and a pizza lunch with their principal and a friend of their choice.
- Top Pledge: The student in each grade with the highest pledge amount will receive a $50 Visa Gift Card, a medal, a pizza lunch with their principal and a friend of their choice.
- Grade Prize: The grade (3-8) with the highest overall participation rate (number of students participating divided by total number of students in the grade) will have a special privilege on Field Day.
- Teacher Prizes: All teachers will be entered into a raffle to receive a special prize.
- Pledge Forms should be used to track your sponsors and how much money they have pledged to donate.
- Start recording your reading minutes on February 10, 2023 (and not before!).
- The Reading Log must be used to keep track of how many minutes/pages outside of school you read each day.
- Parents must sign the Reading Log to confirm that their child read all their logged minutes/pages. This will help to ensure fairness
What MINUTES/Pages Count?
- Reading before and after school.
- Teachers will allow an extra 10 minutes of reading on February 10, 2023 to help kick off the event.
- Reading aloud to a pet.
- Reading aloud to other people.
- Being read to by other people, as long as it isn’t at school.
- Homework reading, so long as it is done before or after school.
- Reading on the bus.